Welcome to my world ♥

This is my place for all things girlie - Beauty/Make-up/Gossip/Music you will find reviews, tutorials, hauls, chat and lots of celeb news & more so please do follow to keep updated. If you would like me to check out your blogs just leave a link in the comments I love reading everyone elses. Also if you have any questions or would like to email me regarding PR/Reviews you can do so at vikki_gabrielle@msn.com or tweet me @vikki_model x

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Animal Testing

Taken from the PETA website 

As you read this, hundreds of mice, rats, cats, dogs, birds, rabbits, monkeys, and other animals are dying in cruel and unnecessary medical and product-testing experiments. In fact, 219 animals are killed every minute in a U.S. lab. They die in pain, alone, without a gentle touch or a soothing voice. Animal studies teach us nothing about the health of humans because animals of different species absorb, metabolize, and eliminate substances differently than humans do. The truth is that testing on animals is bad science: It is unreliable and unnecessary.
You can keep the pressure on those responsible for these cruel tests by signing this petition: http://shopcrueltyfree.peta2.com/cruelty_free_companies_search.aspx?Donottest=-1&Product=0&Dotest=8


The companies on the "Do Test" which can be found in the below link list manufacture products that are tested on animals. Listed in parentheses are examples of products manufactured by either the company listed or its parent company. For a complete listing of products manufactured by a company on this list, please visit the company's Web site or contact the company directly for more information. Companies on this list may manufacture individual lines of products without animal testing (e.g., Clairol claims that its Herbal Essences line is not animal-tested), but have not, however, eliminated animal testing from their entire line. http://shopcrueltyfree.peta2.com/cruelty_free_companies_search.aspx?Donottest=-1&Product=0&Dotest=8


Whilst on that there is also the option to view the companies that DO NOT test on animals if you can't find a brand it may not be found because it has a parent company that tests on animals, because we have no information on its policies, or because it claims to be cruelty-free but has not yet signed our statement of assurance (this must be done in order to be listed). You can inquire with us regarding companies not listed or write to them directly and ask.

I am shocked and dissapointd at many as I am a big animal lover and thought I would post that as im glad it was brought to my attention as I will now no longer buy or support these brands

Can I say a few companies I have found that DONT that are popular are bobbi brown, mac, barry m, sleek and body shop are a few, feel free to add anymore in the comments section that DO or DON'T it will be good to know as im going to be doing some more research!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave me your thoughts/opinions/general comments my lovely friends! I do reply to all of them so do check back too if you want to directley contact me you can do so at vikki_gabrielle@msn.com <3 NO SPAM PLEASE it won't be approved :)