Welcome to my world ♥

This is my place for all things girlie - Beauty/Make-up/Gossip/Music you will find reviews, tutorials, hauls, chat and lots of celeb news & more so please do follow to keep updated. If you would like me to check out your blogs just leave a link in the comments I love reading everyone elses. Also if you have any questions or would like to email me regarding PR/Reviews you can do so at vikki_gabrielle@msn.com or tweet me @vikki_model x

Wednesday 29 December 2010

Winter Wonderland FOTD and BOO at the sales!

I miss the snow! I never thought I would say that but it's all blah outside now, foggy/misty and GREY (aka DEPRESSING!)!

So here I am with abit of 'Winter Wonderland' this is abit of a look I did today,

I know I am meant to be doing my make up brush and Ed Hardy Palette review AAAAND all the swatches from my make up haul the other day but I am going to do them v soon just thought I would squeeze this in!

Sooooo using some of my new products I did the 'Look' basically consists of:

  • Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil (Black/Brown)
  • W7 Concealer Palette
  • Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation (shade 200)
  • MUA face powder
  • Rimmel Glam Eyes eyeshadow (Precious Rose)
  • Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner (005 Black)
  • Sleek twist up eyeliner
  • L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara (Black)
  • Bourjois Little Round Pot Blush (Rose Dor (34)
  • Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick (Candy)
  • Rimmel Royal Jelly Gloss (shade 221 Sweet Lust)
  • Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner (Eastend Snob)
Basically easy as 123, nothing really different to what I have done previously! Start off same as I always do.....foundation/concealer/brows/ then used my new Rimmel Glam eyes shadow which is a frosty white/pale pinky colour similar to highlight so for the winter wonderland effect thought the frostiness and colour worked great, then lined my eyes 'cat eye' style, and my new L'oreal mascara which I am LOVING!

For the lips used all pinks the Rimmel Candy shade Lipstick was abit too frosty (e.g verging on just looking tacky) so I added baby pink gloss (The royal jelly rimmel) and that sort of turned it to a uber nude lip colour then added the Bourjois blush which was Rose D'or this is one of the items I need to swatch and review more (so is the lipliner, lipstick, eyeliner and mascara LOL) it is a really girlie flushed 'dolly style' pink

So for this 'Look' it was all about FROSTY pinks and whites abit 'ice queen' and it wouldn't be complete without pics (and my FAUX fur coat!) I also have no idea why my hair looks so volumised, im clipping my fringe back at the moment as I have a love/hate relationship with it and right now HATE it, yesterday I did a front braid to get it out my face but today I was rushing, Click pics to enlarge and Booo at my camera it really washes me out! :-(





In other news I hate sales....they make people angry and grumpy and me no likey angry grumpy people! Plus people are SOOOOO rude! I cannot deal with the drama and been pushed and shoved about by a crazy shopper tryna get to a bargain before anyone else LOL,

I haven't bought much in the sales at all....I bought a few things today...a travel kit of plastic bottles as I am going to make my own eyemake up remover (the olive oil one LOL I shall do a little post on it this week when I do it for those that dont know) and a big bronzer brush as I don't have one and it was a bargain £1 in primark it seems to shed abit though but would did I expect really?!
 

Also got a sale leathery khaki military style jacket (with the most HORRENDOUS photo ever I apologise blame my mum's photography skills, it took her 10mins to work out how to take it, she just took 2 pics and one she beheaded me so I was just from the neck down so you get the cheesy first photo!) I do love this jacket though and am pleased about that, it has rouched sleeves at the shoulder which I adore and it feels quite smart for everyday, im so sick of winter, I need summer back asap.


I also bought a lingerie-y sequin body top (but one of those 'wear to be seen' types, hey thats what the label said!!) I thought it would create quite a sexy look if teamed with leggings and some very hot black shoes and clutch bag, might do it for NYE as I have some sequin leggings, it could be a great idea or a big fat fail, time will tell!

THE most exciting thing I also bought were grey contacts, by Mesmereyez (www.mesmereyez.com) I have had blue which looked oh so fake but at the time I thought they looked the shit (this was around the time I also thought blonde highlights suited me so we won't speak about that ha ha ha!) anyway they are velvet grey which looked fairly natural grey to me, I thought green might also look as fake as blue and they are the '1 month Naturalz' range which is basically the ones that totally cover your original eye colour, the website is actually quite good as you can see the whole range, the whole colours/types, as they do blends and dramatic ones too, and also 1 day and 3 month ones, and you can test them out on model faces on the site so thats fun!

I haven't tried them yet, im scared its been so long since I stuck something in my eye (apart from eyeliner everyday!) and I don't want to hate them as I was super excited.

I might have a go tomorrow and post......I DEFINATLEY want to get a youtube vid done this week as I really want to start them asap so might even review them for there.

Hope you're all surviving the sales :-p
Vikki xoxox

2 comments:

Feel free to leave me your thoughts/opinions/general comments my lovely friends! I do reply to all of them so do check back too if you want to directley contact me you can do so at vikki_gabrielle@msn.com <3 NO SPAM PLEASE it won't be approved :)